I am a huge Pinterest fan and I try out recipes and DIY ideas from there. Aloo Capsicum Masala is one such recipe.
Here goes the recipe. Do try it out, peeps. It’s super easy.
Potatoes, boiled, peeled and cut into pieces – 3
Capsicums – 2 (I took red and yellow capsicums)
Onions, medium – 3
Tomatoes, medium – 2
Cashew Nuts – 2 tbsp
Ginger, grated – 1/2 Tsp
Garlic – 3-4 cloves
Dry Coriander Seeds – 1 Tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 Tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 Tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tsp
Sugar – 1 Tsp
- Take a pan and heat coconut oil. Add the chopped capsicums and sprinkle some salt over it. Saute it for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Transfer it to a plate and keep aside.
- Grind together the tomatoes, cashew nuts, ginger, garlic, coriander seeds and cumin seeds along with 1/4 cup of water and make a puree. Keep it aside.
- Add some more oil to the same pan, which was used to saute capsicums, and add the chopped onions. Saute until transparent. Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder, mix well.
- Add the puree, which was made and kept aside earlier. Also, add sugar and salt and mix everything well. Cook on low to medium flame (for about 5-6 mins) until oil starts to separate.
- Add potatoes and capsicums, salt to taste. Add 1/4 cup water. Combine and mix everything well. Let it cook on medium flame, stirring occasionally.
- Cook until the gravy thickens. Turn off the flame and move it to a serving dish.
Serve hot with roti or rice.